Coach's Corner #7

 

COACHS CORNER INTERVIEW #7:JOHNNYFROMARBYS

 disclaimer: the opinions expressed by the 1 interviewed are by the 1 interviewed. the coach may have completely different views dont cancel me.

  

J: Hi I'm Arzt Hispanian/JohhnyFromCali and I play currently play pyro for Fridge in Invite. Since the start of the RGL I have been put on Demo Jail but this is the first season where I play my true main in several years.

C: And what's your true main sir?

J: Pyro

C: Okay okay, so how are you doing tonight

J: I'm doing good just got done with some rgl business. How about yourself?

C: I'm good I got back from the barber. How long have you been playing TF2?

J: I started playing TF2 1-2 days after TF2 became F2P I did play TF2 here and there at my best friends house but I never really did play it until that update

C: Damn. That's as long as I have been running TF2 for.

J: Comp wise im a old fart been playing since S5 in tf2lobby and since S8 on a actual team. I took forever making the step to actually maining which was S10 and from then on I have played almost every season on different classes.

C: Almost every season?! You really love the game that much huh

                           pictured: tf2lobby 8 years ago or something                              

 J: It's really fun for me and rewarding Esp the people and friends that I have made

C: Big facts. My old leader's netflix really held me down during my high school years. If I ain't had that I would've been so bored... So knowing your history, what is your best class?

J: I would say pyro/demo since those two have the bulk of seasons played

C: Okay. Which one do you think you're better on?

J: I would think it was always on pyro With Demo I do have a bigger impact but with pyro I always have more fun and I feel I do my role really well.

C: Okay okay. So why did you decide to switch classes in the first place?

J: I made the switch after S23 because there was a lack of demo's to try out from and I was feeling confident I do well after winning silver on demo during season 22 I'm sorry it was season 25 not 23 It was during the time RonnieJ and I remade AD

C: All good. How did you feel about the switch to Demo at the time. Was it the right move?

J: Looking back at it, Im glad I did play another class for awhile I thought me a lot more of what demo is good/bad at and allowed me grow further as a caller The biggest reason why I wanted to play pyro again was that I always played that class with sub 30fps and I got a computer when I started play demo so I always wondered how pyro was going to be like with 200fps If there is a need for me to play demo again, I will play again but for right now I want to explore my peak on my favorite class.

C: Yeah. I'd say your Demo was quite amazing. Do you like to play any classes other than Pyro/Demo?

J: I like to play every class except for engie and medic I do have some some seasons as scout/sniper/heavy I do like having a variety on what class I play but that usually lasts about a season then I go back to demo/pyro

C: Okay okay, respectable. How do you practice? What's your routine?

J: I used to practice a lot before matches/scrims. I knew my bad computer was a handicapped so in the early season I played a lot so that I wouldn't let me hold me back. I'm kinda proud of making making to plat with just 30fps. in today's era I dont really play anymore aside from scrims/matches I just show up and play, I dont really have time anymore to play a lot more than that. with having a career and with recently being a father my tf2 time keeps on dropping. I do know eventually it will go all the way down to 0 but that's not now :)

C: Understandable. What do you feel are your strong points as a player?

J: I would say being a teammate is one my biggest strengths as a player. I dont get mad at anyone anymore and I try to be as encouraging and supportive to everyone on my team. Morale can win you games, even from the brink of defeat. So I always try my best to keep it as high as possible because you never know when a comeback might happen.

                                                                    pictured: the coach giving a pregame speech to Fred V: The Brampton Warriors

C: I understand that. I believe that in matches mental > physical skill. You can't win if you go into the game losing. That's what I reminded my players before every match. What are your weak points as a player?

J: Over the seasons I did notice a trend where I sometimes know what do in situations and would my teams rounds and even matches I know im a stubborn sometimes but I failed to realize what was working vs what didnt this was more apparent on demo since you are the spearhead of the team and one of things I wouldnt have notice if i only played pyro since it has a lower impact.

C: I agree wholeheartedly. Okay, so I just wanna know: do you do any drugs? You drink at all?

J: Not really, I did eat a edible before and it didnt do much so I never really got into it. I do drink though but not regularly and mainly with other people. I do hate beer so it always hard liquor or mixed drinks

C: Okay, so you're telling me when you play you're completely sober and in control of yourself both physically and mentally.

J: yeah, sometimes I'm eating dinner or talking with my gf while playing gotta multi-task

C: Damn... I'm astonished. So when you play do you always maincall?

J: No, Sometimes I dont say much mainly depends on the class im playing

C: Damn. So on Demo you let your Heavy/Medic call for you?

J: I like to co-call with them

C: Okay okay that's fair. Do you discuss strategies with your team alot? On what you should be doing during pushes and stuff like that?

J: Yes, with every team I have played with in rgl mostly what we did wrong or fix miscommunications

C: Okay. How do you see yourself? As both a player & a figure in this community?

J: I really dont know tbh I dont notice whats going on with teams/groups since I dont spend much time anymore. I just show up and play the game

C: Okay okay, so you said you play for a team currently. Tell me about the team.

                                                                              pictured: aeon when he hears the coach enter the premises

J: It was a last min team put together by perenee with mostly lft players at the time so far I had a lot fun on the team and I got to meet and play with a lot of people I haven't had the chance with. and thank god they needed a pyro lol

C: Do you think your team is gonna win this season?

J: I see ourselves as a dark horse team if the other teams mess and underestimate us, we have the potential to beat anyone right now watching knd beef two last pushes on upward just shows MM, cuties and KND can have bad days as well. always winnable

C: Yeah eh. What are the strong points of your team?

J: we can be team chaos sometimes and that can catch teams off-guard and we feed of momentum a lot but that is also a weakness of ours

C: All right, continuing with that point: what are the weak points of your team?

J: Another point is is general inexperience with the big dogs

C: Who are the big dogs?

J: the current top 3 teams MM, Cuties, KND we have some new players playing and some that haven't played at that level before

C: Damn. Those are big dogs huh.. Okay, who are your teammates?

J: rk/panther/me/perenne/aeon/kasper/agb/kasper/page/vizard

J: I would play on this team again so far everyone is fun to play with and I have had a great time

C: That's good. Who are the fearsome players you played against this season?

J: Snipers are always a pain regardless of what you are playing so Fallen, Wile, Boar Sandblast is also is a beast along with triiiple and syath

C: Yeah eh. Anyone who you think is mediocre or overrated for the team they're playing for?

J: now that's a loaded question but they know who they are

C: I ain't ask no loaded questions. Everyone has an opinion or they don't, and they also may be willing to share it or they won't. Do you think this current season of invite HL is good ?

J: Yes, we don't have clear favorite and thats always exciting as a viewer and as a player I do give cuties my blessing to win it :)

C: Okay. So I understand you're the advanced admin. What are your thoughts on Advanced this season?

 J: I personally dont like Adv wasnt RR this season but its something im going to work towards during the offseason. I do like how advance this season is though We have 9 teams in fight for playoffs and a lot of the teams are very close in skill so seeing them duke it out in a bo3 is going to be very exciting to see how it all plays out

                                                                                                     pictured: spu unleashed on demoman

C: Okay. Why do you want Advanced to be Round Robin ?

J: I want adv to be as competitive as possible with Swiss you have a team make playoffs while avoiding the top teams and kick out a team that only played the top and RR is the fairest for every team because everyone plays each once

C: Okay, makes sense. Who do you think is gonna win advanced this season?

J: Team spu is sitting on top with the 1st seed but there is also BV, OWN and Home Depot that can take a win I would say its up in the air with those four but with team spu at a slightly odds of winning hopefully they live and move up!

C: Damn. Spu got his own team? That's crazy. What class is he running?

J: I dont think he the leader but any team with spu is team spu

C: Of course.

J: he's on sniper

C: Sniper.. Again.. Really... This guy needs to start running some good classes. Like Heavy.

J: He's better at sniper than spy

C: I heard he got slapped up by flu walrus on Sniper.

J: like many others before him I would be interesting to see spu play a projectile class

C: I think that's where his true potential lies. Anyone else that is notable playing in Advanced ?

J: Legit on sniper Joey Lemons on Demo Jekjek pyro! Cloudshade sniper im sure there is more but thats off the top of my head

C: So what motivates you to keep playing TF2?

J: There is no other game like it and prob ever will also the friends I have made make a huge blast to play with

                                                                                          pictured: the heavyweight Cutie sandblast himself?!

C: Do you think you have room to improve or you have mastered all that there is to TF2?

J: There is def room for me to grow as a player thats what great about tf2 there is no limit to what you can do I would like to get a lot better sniper/scout those would be the next classes if I did switch again

C: Okay okay. So I'm proposing a new idea to the RGL Council: TF2 Weight Classes. I don't think it's fair for people who are different weights to be playing against each other.

J: are we talking about players or the classes

C: The Players. How do you feel about my idea?

J: sold where do I sponsor

C: Ah ah ah. Just have my back when I send my proposal to Exaflamer. I'm still working on it. So what do you like to do outside of TF2? Any hobbies? Interests?

J: exa is not who you ask for permission its now Micah

C: Oh ... My bad.

                                                                                                   pictured: the coach getting caught lacking again...

J: I like to be in the outdoors I climb, hike, mountaineer, and fish and I also down to do anything outside I do like catch snakes and lizards when I'm hiking and seeing animals in their natural habitat I also really want to get into mountain biking It's also one the biggest reasons why I moved to Salt Lake City from LA

C: Interesting. Lets move onto our next segment. I got some pictures to show you and I want to know your thoughts on them.


 J: s19 AD Rivals and later seasons

C: Would you say Apolodosh is better than Fast Forward ?

J: Towards the end, yes


 

 J: A player banned for throwing Grand Finals


 

 

 

 

 

 

J: I never noticed the elephant

C: Where's the elephant?

J: in the middle

C: Oh shit.


 J: nepotism

C: Are you against Nepotism?

J: They are not qualified to run a country It's being a king because your father was one doesnt make you qualified



 

 


 

J: runs shield demo on pl

C: What's wrong with shield demo on payload

J: a lot you cant make space for your team on defense or offense you also have 4 projectiles vs 12 good luck taking down a lvl 3 wrangled sentry

C: I've seen DZcreeper beat the odds time and time again. Maybe he'll prove you wrong. Lets move onto our reader submitted questions. From shay: When u look back on Apolodosh from season 22, what do you think? Do you think fondly about that group? Would you play with that group again given the chance?

J: I love everyone from AD, I would instantly play with everyone again even on medic I like how it was more of a brotherhood than a tf2 team I would legit be sad if I missed scrims because I just enjoyed playing and having beast subs also helps

C: All right. I have a series of questions from Ronnie J. There have been many conflicting theories and possible explanations as to what Apolodosh could possibly mean, could you give the people some insight on this?

J: I like history

C: what does that mean

J: I guess time will tell

C: ...

pictured: the coach getting ready to kill coach's corner for another couple months
 
[the coach takes a 5 minute break here]

C: all right How is your relationship with the giant pit on cp steel?

J: I miss it so much Last season I played the match with 500 ping spikes I couldnt even keep track of anything that was happening

C: Ronnie J relays a question from Shay: I know you have a child, so you must have had intercourse at least once. How would someone with no hoes go about getting some?

J: Take care of yourself, pay your barber they hook you up big time. Dont ever talk about video games and be open and not be afraid to try new things Experiences over everything else when it comes to dating

C: All right. Ronnie J would like your thoughts on this twitch clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicTenderWeaselDuDudu

J: the iron bomber has a bigger hit box and I was laying those pipes by the door way
incase someone wanted to rush me

C: And also this clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiAwkwardQueleaHumbleLife

J: I knew i was 100% dead so I tried to go for the cart since it was very close to being capped

C: Ronnie J also states that he loves you.

J: I as well cant wait to see him again this year along with all the phx peeps

C: Is there anything else you'd like to say before we conclude this interview?

J: Shoutout to Adam, Melon, Shaayy, Mad, Wall, Deaftjoe, river. and everyone else on AD and cuties!

 

thank you to those who've waited in anticipation for this edition of coach's corner. this was definitely the hardest 1 for me to make as it took me a while to figure out the type of direction i wanted this interview to go; and i may still not be satisfied with the result. thank you to my interns odb & rolling, and artz hispanian for allowing me to interview him. again, thank you to you the reader for taking time out of your day to read what i have to say. 

 

 

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Coach's Corner #6

Coach's Corner: The Lost Interview of Habib

Coach's Corner #18