Coach's Corner #9

COACHS CORNER INTERVIEW #9: TRIIIPLE

disclaimer: the opinions expressed by the 1 interviewed are by the 1 interviewed. the coach may have completely different views dont cancel me.

 

triiiple: yo im triiiple, ive been owning grown ass men for about 8 years now. currently playing scout for memento mori tryna catch a dub this season

COACH: How are you doing today? 

t: pretty good bro even tho just caught an L in apex. watchin logan and nyxi play kinda brings a tear to your eye & not in the good way

C: Damn... That's tough. You run warzone? 

t: na I aint about that cod shit bro I get my shit rocked


                                                                                                            pictured: nyxi and logan while triiiple fights a 1v3

C: That's tough. What's your favourite battle royale?

t: probably apex bc warzone just makes u mad as hell and u'll get ur shit rocked by a 12 year old in fortnite. its tough out there 

C: Real shit. I seen how these guys build in Fortnite nowadays. I'm just tryna get my 1 pump back. So like... What class do you main? 

t: uhhhh i guess scout since ive been playing it for a minute now 

C: Yeah eh. Would you say that's your best class?

t: yo lowkey its heavy buuuut that man exile sorta bullied me off of it. tellin me how chinatown is always gonna be a better heavy than me & im worthless n shit u know

C: Big facts bro. Fuck the haters man. Heavy is the real class to play. I remember when all mans used to clown me for being absolutely trash at Heavy and now I'm always getting put on pootis every pug. People will take every oppourtunity to put you down and not put you on. But when you get to the top all of a sudden everyone comes running.

t: thats what im sayin bro people talked mad trash to me when i was that 13 year old heavy main but look at me now right i gave exiles dum ass a 1st place badge

C: It's okay man. Let them sleep. So what pisses you off when you play TF2?

t: yo where do i start. i think pyro mains are at the top of the list, i can specify further, my mcm homies know, but ill leave it at just pyro mains. just them existing n shit, being only good for killin spies and airblasting ubers, like they only doin that shit bc they cant play anoth- imma stop right there bro i might go off too hard

C: I know those ones. The worst part is when they start pressing their push to talk. Acting like they know how the game is played. Bro, you press 3 buttons at a time chill...

pictured: what happens when pyro mains start explaining tf2


t: thats what im sayin bro they b acting like all that but the only other class they can play is medic like chill bro go back to minecraft or somethin

C: Real shit loool. Are there any other things that piss you off ?

t: uhhh losing to bad players. i lost to sandblast week 1 bro and ive never been the same

C: It's all good. They stop being Ls once you recognize your mistakes and grow past it, besides vigil isn't a real map.

t: exactly bro mM is all about the reflect and overcome kinda game, they b grinding the demo and map reviews

C: Yeah eh. We'll get to that part soontimes. So how do you practice? What's your routine?

t: uhhh most of my practice is just hitting up the kovaaks an hour before scrims. i might mge before a match but i dont like playin tf2 outside of scrims/matches. besides that i play other fps games like diabotical/apex that help a lot with my movement

C: Yeah eh. Okay okay, tell me about your team.

t: yo my team is pretty nice this season. granted they kinda old as hell and a lil washed, but we overcame that pretty fast. they've given me a new perspective of how to learn/improve and are really chill to be around. they can be hella toxic tho but i fw that, cant be lettin these kiddos get a big head yaknow plus that guy fallen lord pretty nice... he always up to somethin

C: Yeah eh. Is Fallen Lord a big part of your team's success you think? 

t: i'd say so yeah, our pick classes compensate for ... some of our .... weaker players

C: Yeah eh. Like who? 

t: yoooo ill call out names but no one from my team.... i know dimento lurking everywhere and hes gonna abuse whatever i say in this interview

 

                                                                                          pictured: odb & triiiple when someone tries to enter connector

C: Okay okay, fair enough. What are the other strong points of your team?

t: yo our flank kinda beastin out. me odb and aaron kinda nice on product connector, thats a no-go zone fr

C: Yeah eh. I know odb and I have been putting in work in the lab as of recent. In his words: "we tryna win out". What about the weak points of your team? 

t: yaknow... i think communications one of our bigger weak points.. like exile getting point blank dropped by wile in week 1.... its somethin we've been working on throughout the season

C: Damn. Would you say it's still a weak point right now? 

t: ayooo coach bucks what are you tryna get out of me.... we still got playoffs to go & i hope you aint working for the knd goons...

C: Look if you knew I was COACH for Knd I would've made a grand announcement alongside with Fred x Knd limited clothing drops, and a giant social media campaign. But you already know. Moving on, So why do you cheat? 

t: bro what. who says i cheat

C: Me. Pablo. Kegaman. Bigbubba. We know when you start having trouble keeping up with the other scouts in the league, you just plug in your xbox controller and start using Aim assist. I also know of the grimy shit Sleepy Joe and Crooked Eerie been getting into behind the scenes. I have folders full of evidence that could mess up your entire playoffs run. I strongly suggest you answer the question before I expose your ass.

t: ok ok bro chilllllllll u got me ok... bowl didnt give me an 11 on the spreadsheet AFTER i won invite like what????? so of course i gotta plug in the xbox 360 controller (i never got the xbox one, still saving up), n put on aim assist. rgl rules prohibits tf2 cheats, but it dont say anything about controller aim assist..


pictured: crooked eerie bribing rgl invite admin asher with a box of fruit roll ups

C: Hmm.. Okay, you got me there. How do you feel going into grand finals?

t: ya i think we got grands in the bag. im feelin pretty confident, finna run up on Thanos and hit him with a quick 1-2 yaknow? straight drop that kid in front of his washed team. those guys been playing for years and still lose to RonnieJ? What a joke,.

C: Holyyyy...

C: ...

C: I mean, you aren't wrong. Who are the fearsome players you've faced off so far against this season?

t: hmmm... good question because i thought about it and still cant come up with an answer... the dimento spy is pretty clean but besides that, no one really comes up as "fearsome" i will say tho i do respect syath and waxattacks a lil more than i need to... those guys are clean

C: Yeah eh. I get it. Syath doesn't brush his teeth so it's lethal to take a close quarters engagement with him. Anyone who you feel is mediocre or overrated for the team they're playing for?

t: damn good question COACH bucks. to be honest with u, i think the qts team had a lot of potential but their attitudes toward the game and other players cost em their perfect record. i know some crybabies on that team. besides that, i respect every other player and team also, he isnt on a team (for good reason) but that man watterson is mediocre and shouldnt be given a spot on any team but thats besides the fact...

C: Okay okay. I know in their last week the cuties were tryna step up from their loss against big bubba, map reviewing, doing real life demo reviews etc. But as COACH I'd like to say that consistent practice over a long period of time is better than crunching in your grind to a short period of time. Nothing changes overnight. How do you feel about this season of invite HL?

t: quite honestly coach, i dont think it was bad but it definitely wasnt as good as past seasons. the level of competitiveness just drops as the skill ceiling just keeps dropping, you tend to know the results of a match before it starts (besides the occasional fluke) at this point, the most exciting thing u might see in invite hl is a wax vs. Starfruit66 1v1 in product connector


                                                                                  pictured: FUCK THE HATERS!!!!!!

C: Yeah eh... I think Bowl of Mayo Studios might get an exclusive streaming contract on a fight like that. So I'm looking to propose an idea to the RGL Admins: TF2 Weight Classes. What are your thoughts?

t: damn Madringme finna have his own weight class.... im down to see that

C: Glad to hear you support the movement. So how do you deal with the haters?

t: well quite honestly coach, theres no way of dealing with haters online besides just ignoring them. u gotta focus on urself, not the opinions of others. once u learn that, it translates into other aspects of ur life, to where u can be fully self-sufficient with your thoughts. 

but if i may say something to any hater (mine or not mine): stfu dumass kid go do something better with ur life like learning the stock market, get ur bread up so u can afford a haircut other than that  bowlcut  or a better hat than that ugly ass lime green banana. let me also make the statement, that was not directed towards anyone in particular

C: Damn. Moving on, so looking at your competitive history you've been on many teams: DOOR, Fast Forward, team Spu and even Gib Rex! Can you name your top 10 teammates?

t:                                                           

1. Rightjustify

2. watterson

3. evil

4. aaron

5. rogue

6. marty

7. springrolls

8. crabf

9. rue

10. frost

Its sad to say... out of my years of playing this game, mcm has been my favorite team...

C: Yeah eh. So like... why am I not on that list?

t: Bc ive never been on the same level to get on the same team as u. Its a privilege that I havent been able to obtain. Im on the grind tho.

C: Hmm... You have a point. It's unfortunate that Sleepy Joe was... sleeping on my ability and instead went with the bonehead Coach Poop. Wait... Why is Rightjustify at #1?

t: If U were to combine the powers of Coach Bucks and Coach Poop, u would still not be able to cure the mental derpiness of that man. For that reason, I find him extremely fun to play with and talk to.


                                                                                       pictured: memento mori's coach poop LEAKED strategy?!

C: Hmmm... You do have a point. He is fun to laugh at and observe. So why do you like XBOX over Playstation?

t: Because i stole an xbox 360 from my buddy mason and he aint ever find out so I just stuck with it.

C: Okay okay. So who's on the list of noobs that you carry in battle royales?

t: rn Its logan and nyxi. occasionally its cloudshade, sometimes rightjustify, but besides that, im a solo dolo

C: A Solo player? That's crazy. Have you played with Lenny yet?
In terms of battle royale skill... He might be as good as me when I was MR. DUBBZ.

t: No im afraid he might get too mad at me and quit battle royales for a few weeks. Ive heard of similar scenarios.

C: Damn. That's fair. When a Noob loses you the Dub it's understandable to get upset. So what do you do for fun outside of TF2? Any hobbies? Interests?

t:uhhh i used to hang out w the homies but ever since this virus thing i havent been able to as much. im a full time student and i work at an american eagle, i play video games in my free time. im also a music junkie, mainly rnb and rap, i dont really fw any other genre. thats ab it. im into books, mostly self-help, some novels

C: Yeah eh. Where do you get your books? Last time I was in an indigos they convinced me to sign up for their rewards card cuz they know I been buying books.

t: brooo fr i went to a books a million and they convinced me too. theyre overpriced tho, cheapest copies are usually on amazon

C: Amazon eh... Okay, I'll start looking there. But I like going to book stores to see what books interest me. Whenever I go there I spend $50 usually on books. Alot of stuff jumps out at me.

t:yeahh i feel that. if u want a book but dont have a specific one in mind, probably best to hit up a bookstore.

C: All right. Lets move onto our next segment. I got some pictures I want to show you and I wanna know your thoughts.

t: alright hmu


 

 

 

 

 

t: U dont know what its like to be depressed and toxic unless uve played for the legit >>

C: Yeah eh. What's the true Fast Forward team? 

t: uhhh when u say fast foward i think of 

scout: rain/wish/me

soldier: mirrorman

pyro: obliv/satan

demo: exile

heavy: chinatown/me

engie: wax

medic: figsy/teddy

sniper: zoey/watterson

spy: deldongo

C: Damn. What's wrong with this team? 

t: Oh you know how I was talkingn about exile bullying me off of heavy.... Welll..... Plus Figsy is a spawn of Satan.

C: Damn. Looks like that iteration of Fast Forward has you fucked up.

t: U got me fuuuucked up.

t: This was a crutch, people afking till late game just to get their shit rocked.

C: Facts. I keep telling Andrew but he just won't listen to me.

t: Bro u got me even more fucked up. Mans thinks hes nice at every game he plays but u see him tryna clean up his act in aim lab. What a shame. Also RonnieJ gets his sense of humor strictly from this guy.

C: Damn... Also I used to call people goofy and goof kids sometimes but I can't even do it no more cuz ronnie J overused it. Super messed up.

 

 
t: the ps5 bro all the way. people dont know how it is still playing on a ps3. also never listened to her music. Strong pass on that one.

C: Damn. I'm sure alot of her fans haven't listened to her music either. 

 

t: Looooool bro this is what I imagine madringme lookin like, maybe a lil skinnier. I hate all this racist ass anti-terrorist shit, ppl just be mad presumptuous and mask it by calling unnecessary shit "terroristic threats" Man cant even say hes finna blow up the toilet without getting arrested

C: Real shit bro. We gotta put on for people not put down, that's what I always say. Now lets move onto our reader submitted questions. A couple questions from Frost: is there anything you learned from tf2 that has helped you succeed outside of it?

t: the whole concept of improving/learning something that youre passionate about. tf2 was the first thing i sorta grinded out and eventually got better at over time because its something i set my mind to. its a lame example, but i learned it when i was a child killin dK Karl in plat ugc.

C: Facts. People think it's lame but it's real shit. If you set your mind to something and you really really TRULY work at it, you will get somewhere even if it's not where you originally intended to go. You wanna group up for the minecraft caves update next year?

t: yessirrrrrrrrr im always down for minecraft

C: From Spu: Why are you so bad at impostor on among us

t: i have two responses for this question:

1. Sorry, I dont talk to Advanced players.

2. Ur just mad because u got rocked in among us: 

https://www.twitch.tv/watterson/clip/BlindingConcernedChimpanzeeOneHand

C: That's tough. From wish: Do you actually wear Jean Shorts

t: no bro i don’t know why everyone keep asking me that and even if I did what’s wrong with Jean shorts 

C: I don't know what jean shorts are to be honest. But I live in Canada. Is it a fashion choice in warmer weather? 

t: like just imagine jeans but cut off at the knee, those are Jean shorts. typically worn by 45+ dads and crackheads

C: Oh. Might as well wear regular shorts at that point. I don't hang with cakers so I wouldn't see them. Is there anything you'd like to say before we conclude this interview?

t: uhhhh shoutout to the mcm gang. i hate all of them but they’re cool. shoutout to coach bucks for interviewing me and keeping the community alive, i respect the grind. also i need people to send me frags for a movie im trying to make, so please hmu

 

thank you very much to triiiple for the interview. thank you to eerie, jackawa & lehcs for helping me with 1 of the pictures as well as thank you & credit to nyxi for the header picture. as always thank you to my interns rolling & odb for helping me. big thank you to rain for teaching me about ctrl + C and ctrl + v & most importantly thank you to the reader for reading the 9th edition of coach's corner. 

 

EDIT: the pyro part is not directed at figsy. i like figsy. i would play on a team with her. i would not play on a team with awful pyro mains who have no idea how to play their own class let alone have the audacity to tell others how to play theirs.



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach's Corner #6

Coach's Corner: The Lost Interview of Habib

Coach's Corner #18