Coach's Coverage Week 1: Blake

 

 

COACH'S COVERAGE WEEK 1: BLAKE

disclaimer: the opinions expressed by the 1 interviewed are by the 1 interviewed. the coach may have completely different views dont cancel me.

 

 

blake: hello! I'm blake the medic of HOOD NARUTO

COACH BUCKS: How are you doing today?

b: i'm doing fantastic, just dominated lane in some league of legends. how are you?

C: I'm good I passed out from exhaustion a few hours ago but I'm bless now. How long have you been running TF2?

b: well, i've been playing ugc since s14! back then i didn't really know that much about tf2 but a friend told me to sub on his steel highlander team

C: Say word and the rest is history eh. How has your season been?

b: yessir :), uhh personally or team wise?

C: Lets say both.

b: personally i think it's one of my weakest seasons as a medic, team wise i think my team has played about as expected with a few hiccups here and there but overall It's been a pleasure playing with my fellow HOOD members

C: Say word. That's good to hear that you're self aware of when you're falling short. It shows that you're not complacent and you strive to play the best you can.

b: yesyes! if not i can count on my teammates to help me out or call me out for lazy mechanics!

C: Facts. What do you think about playoffs in terms of whats going to be easy, whats going to be challenging? etc.

b: well i hope my team sweeps and wins it all ofc. buuut i think yeye has gotten a lot better and that will be a fun and tough match come monday. for me personally i think all i can do is minimize the mistakes i make and pray my teammates hit shots. the medic life ya know?

C: Hmm.. Okay okay, who are the fearsome players that are standing in the way of you acquiring the Dub?

b: for the match on monday it's for sure jayeezy. that gamer is a beast on the sticks, as well as nabla with the clean rockets, for shovel i fear only one player besides theevilshpee and that's fallengourd. for 3600 it's WISH_Z and joeylemons. those gamers are all really good at their role and can easily take over games if left unfocused

C: Ya eh. On the other hand, who do you feel is mediocre or overrated for the team they’re playing for?

b: oh shit. if i had to call out someone for lackin this season it would be ronniej my mans has been trollin big time, i think he needs to take some mikhail advice and be more dynamic

C: Holaay. Mans too focused on the shordies and not enough on actually playing. Who's Mikhail ?

b: mikhail is a student of bowlofmayo shotout mikhail if you see this. keep grinding brother!

C: Say word. So overall, what's the game plan for play offs?

b: #1, NO baiting calls. #2, shutdown play makers of opposing teams. #3 play smart and trust each other.

C: Okay okay, so for this first week, you're facing off against yeye. Have you guys decided on what the map picks will be?

b: yesyes! first map is product (our pick), second map is vigil(yeye pick), ashville decider map

C: Hm.. why did you pick those maps? And why do you think they picked Vigil?

 

ad: please consider the following message and do not speak about me ever again ~ shotaway

b: without leaking trade secrets, we enjoy product. ashville is another map that we enjoy and koth is really fun for medic so i'm happy we picked it. for vigil i think yeye rolled in their vigil match vs train station and have a lot of confidence on the map with a strong sniper and their combo has been improving all season especially with kura getting more and more used to highlander. also shotout to sakura for improving a lot this season with her maincalls and mechanics

C: Okay. Yall think you're better than yeye?

b: i can't really speak for my team as i'm just the one who heals them but yes i believe my team is better.

C: Okay okay, we'll see what happens come Monday. So I'd like to talk about another team. The team: shovel, has chosen not to play with UGC Gold Legend Dr. Alto H Chef and instead play with Marty. As a Medic player, how do you feel about this decision by them? Will this benefit or burn in the end?

b: well as i give respect to the goats with the #letthataltoplay i do believe marty's overall mechanics are some of the best in the hl scene so having him on the map is probably better so nah this is a benefit but #let that alto play.

C: Damn okay okay. I can't discredit Marty, the man was giving me the work back in the day. Okay so, I want to talk a scenario here. Lets just say that everyone in your team has to partner up in 2s to play some marbles. Who's going to partner up with who? And who's gonna get fat kidded?

b: ok ok hunter 100% gets fat kidded since he will do anything to win and no one wants to play vs that. i think hyphen would partner up with lenny and outsmart him, i think jacob would partner up with me and troll me and win with some trick of sorts. bowl and logan would be a battle id pay to see. carcin and jay would be the sleeper matchup

C: Yeah eh. Sounds crazy no lie. Moving on, how do you feel about this current season of Invite?

b: well like i said earlier with how i felt like i was playing poorly i think a thing to note is teams have gotten smarter with the pace of the game, a lot less sitting around doing nothing. proactive plays is the theme of this season.

C: Yeah eh, is Bowl's claim that this is the best season in recent times true?

b: ehh i mean i can't really speak onto that b,c i don't want to discredit teams past success but alas it does feel like a very punishing season for mistakes

C: Damn, that's crazy. Now I got some pictures I'd like to show you and I want to know your thoughts.

 


 

 

 

 

b: ah yes fast forward, cool team tag. back when they had deldongo they were good but besides that meh

C: Wow. Can you elaborate on them without Deldongo? What made them "meh" ?

b: without deldongo being the rock of sorts.... they had some clashing opinions on how to play the game. good mechanics but clashing opinions creates meh or magic and without deldongo it's always meh, in my professional opinion.

C: Hmm.. Okay okay, which actually brings me to my next picture


b: gosh where to begin. this gamer may be polarizing to some but this man has changed my gaming life no lie

C: Yeah eh. He's truly out here. When you think "tf2 sweeterman" I think Mr. Deldongo.

b: true true, quite possibly my favorite teammate of all time and if you click on that cutest gamer ever link...yeah <3




b: SAY LESS! omfg i love eerie we had so much fun talking tf2 when i played for mm. i got a great story about those wonderful map reviews if i can share it

C: Of course. Go ahead. I imagine alot happened in those 2 - 4 hour map reviews.

b: okok so upward week was comin up and giraffe and aaron and eerie all said "yo gamers lets get into the server a few hours early and just talk about our holds,pushes etc." deaftjoe, our dominate spy shows up, messages me "ill be back message me if they mention me" then odb messages me "i'm going to the store ill be back" during this time

C: Oh my... I remember this...

b: we are discussing the proper placement of our level 3 on 3rd before they leave. they come back, we are still talking about our gun placements on 3rd. that's when i knew we would win that season. the dedication and brain power was unmatched.

C: Hahahahahaha. Odb and I still make jokes about the long ass map reviews pretty often. But yo, before we conclude this interview. Is there anything you'd like to say?

b: may i share a very special image near and dear to my heart?

C: Of course !



C: Thats real shit bro I always say that shit too. I miss ol dirty

b: same here brother same here, hope all is well for goober these days.

C: Ya he's bless fam. We were running COD before but he's gotten more busier.

b: same old odb    


b: holy shit

C: I'm sure you know the feeling quite well of being carried by odb.

b: oh yes. getting carried by odb should be on my tf2 resume if i ever look for another team

C: Facts bro. Anything else before we conclude this interview sir ?

b: to conclude id like to give a special thanks to rogue for being so clean on medic and pushing my hpm, also to all the mm boys who carried me to an invite win. ALSO big sad to my man jjslim for not being able to finish out the season due to irl stuff. you will be missed and hopefully we can catch the dub for you :)

C: Ah ah ah. Good luck in the rest of your playoffs run big guy !

b: thanks coach big thanks for the interview. hope you have a wonderful night also thanks for ringing on cp_steel we needed the coaching or we would have been lost.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach's Corner #6

Coach's Corner: The Lost Interview of Habib

Coach's Corner #18