Coach's Coverage Week 1: kura_beast

 

 
 

COACH'S COVERAGE WEEK 1: kura_beast

disclaimer: the opinions expressed by the 1 interviewed are by the 1 interviewed. the coach may have completely different views dont cancel me.

 

kura_beast: Hi I am FaZe kura_beast and I play for Team Yeye.

bucks_beast: How are you doing today?

k: i feel great. came back from the dentist. got my grills 24k carrot gold some light.

b: holaay. Let me pree the fit




 pictured: kura_beast's teeth

k: like i said some light

b: Okay okay. How long have you been running TF2?

k: Around 10 years ago, i started playing tf2 when that f2p update dropped. but i started comp around late 2016, started from the bottom in the tf2 center days

b: Say word, so you been around for a minute. Okay okay, how's your season been so far?

k: its actually been great. my expectations have been exceeded playing with the team. aint thought we would make playoffs but i guess it was light.

b: All right.. So what is yeye?

k: yeye is the fat heavy player but yeye is also the team

b: Somehow I'm fine with that explanation. Who is on yeye?

k: The roster begins with:

dotwet on scout, 

nabla or daffodil on soldier, 

pyhrussy on pyro, 

me the best player on demo man, 

witness from witness gaming on heavy, 

austin on engie, 

michaelpc1 on sniper, 

sakura_beast on medic,  

jayeezy on spy

b: You mean the CEO Witness of the brand Witness Gaming?

k: Yes! The CEO and Founder of Witness Gaming Brand!

b: That's crazy. So who's more beastly. You or sakura_beast?

k: Even though I am the most handsome and best player on the team, sakura has gone through so much shit but she has the best glo up out of any invite hl player. So i'm going to have to give it to sakura_beast.

 

pictured: kura_beast & sakura_beast

 

b: Yeah eh. That's crazy. I'm gonna have to be honest with you here, I don't pay enough attention to the bowl of mayo spreadsheets, and I also have a day job. Therefore I'm pretty ignorant of every team that's out here. Are u guys the imposters or y'all a different invite team under a new name?

k: We are not the imposters, we are a different team. we are team yeye, this team played invite last season as well

b: Say word. My bad for my ignorance. What do you think about playoffs in terms of whats going to be easy, whats going to be challenging? etc.

k: Let me start off with saying that I think playoffs for us will be much more difficult than easy. Including the fact we're going up against the 7-0 team right off the bat. I believe the thing that will be challenging for us is keeping our mental straight but I'm confidence my team will put on a show. My team performs well under pressure.

b: Okay okay, who are the fearsome players that are standing in the way of you acquiring the Dub?

k: When I think of HOOD NARUTO, I immediately think Lenny. Everytime the cam goes on him, he just hits the craziest shots I have ever seen. I truly believe this guy is the best sniper in the whole league. Other than that, I would say their smart players like dimento or bowlofmayo.

On 3600 im going to say agb plays really well with his team when going to stab. he just has his team pressure us while he goes in. Joey lemons is really good on his dm and his decision making, guy just predicts us very well. nyxi also pops off on sniper. 

Lastly for Shovel, all Im gonna say exile is very good, love seeing him play. and fallen gourd is a very good sniper 

b: Yeah eh. On the other hand, who do you feel is mediocre or overrated for the team they're playing for?

k: Hood Naruto's pyro. talks a lot & is considered the best pyro but ive seen how he plays, its alright. For 3600, Im gonna say wish. I feel like its too early to say cause we not in playoffs yet but right now, it just feels like he can get shut down easily. and mad on solly is very mediocre. On Shovel, I feel like evil is mediocre, his timing feels off 

b: Yeah eh. So what's your game plan overall for playoffs?

k: The game plan so far is just communicating with each other and coordinating as a team. I'm going to be talking to different classes on the team to see if we're set up (e.g. spy ready to sap or stab). When we're all on the page, we perform very well

b: Damn okay okay. So first week, u guys are facing off against the fearsome Hood Naruto. How you guys gonna pull off a win against these goofballs?

 

pictured: undefeated CEO bowl of mayo feeling saucey

 

k: My team is focusing on improving on ourselves. We will be playing this match like if we're facing any other team. Despite the fact that we're playing against the highest seeded team. We will also be trying our best to adapt to the other team as we're playing.

b: Okay okay. Sayin you're about to slap up bowl of mayo eh?

k: yes sir

b: okkkkkkk. Have you decided on what maps all of you will be playing?

k: We will be playing product, vigil and ashville

b: Okay okay. Why these maps?

k: Hood def picked product since I believe its their best map, they slapped shovel on that team. We decided on a payload map since we thought it was our best chance of winning without fully relying on dm fights. Then hood picked ash

b: Makes sense. All right, I want to run a scenario by you: lets say that everyone in your team has to partner up in 2s to play marbles. Who's going to partner up with who? And who's going to get fat-kidded?

k: LOL lets see. me and witnes, austin and michael, sakura and dotwet, jay and nabla. then pyrrhussy fat kidded haha.

b: Damn. Pyrrhus is my boy. Unfortunate. Now that we picked our gganbus, who's going to win & who's going to lose in this game of marbles and why?

k: Im going to win against witnes cause im better faster stronger and epic. austin and michael would be hard to decide on but I'm going to say austin. sakura and dotwet, the matchup is hard cause I feel like sakura would pull of some dumb shit and win, but overall dotwet should win this one. And I think nabla wins this one, very smart !

b: Okay okay. So tell me, what are the origins of yeye? How did the team start?

k: I wasnt here from the start but all I know is that Sakura found all her players in dustbowl pub server. all of them had no comp experience but with the power of friendship and constant training on dustbowl, they would continue to win IM and Main right after.

 

pictured: summary of yeye's rise thruogh RGL

 

b: Damn. I guess that's a question for the next person I interview on your team. So I looked at your RGL page, and I noticed you had _beast to your name. Do you truly think you're beastly or are you lying?

k: I truly think I am beastly. I took a slight break from tf2 but when I came back, I want a slight name change. My name was originally kurama, but when I came back to play adv, I changed to faze kura_beast. And I proved it by winning 6's adv

b: Say word.. Okay okay interesting, see I've asked one of your competitors actually; he goes by the name of flu walrus, he actually disagrees with that notion. He thinks you're simply not that beastly. How do you feel about this?

k: he play engineer. and I played invite. Well to be fair, this season I’m not so beastly as I was when I played 6’s. Been a lil soft on this season

b: I know those ones. How do you feel about this current season of Invite?

k: Yeah I would think so. Don’t think people got banned on any team this season. Sad seeing some teams die or people leaving teams.

b: Of course. What do you like to do outside of TF2? Any hobbies? interests?

k: I’m in college so I study a bunch but I also like to work out. Walk my dog everyday, and I also read

b: Yeah eh. I like doing that stuff too. Now I'd like to show you some pictures and I want to know your thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

k: 2016 smokepurpp yes! But now smokepurpp after that freestyle, no!





 

 

k: God.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

k: ninja def fell off but its a tie between peter grifgin and benny

b: Say word. All right, before we conclude this interview is there anything you'd like to say?

k: id like to shoutout to team yeye, rogue, yeye,bd, smile, zenith, kanye, fluey, coolbeans, killo, galaxy cat, frag, and yeye.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach's Corner #6

Coach's Corner: The Lost Interview of Habib

Coach's Corner #13