Coach's Coverage Week 2: sakura

 

 

COACH'S COVERAGE WEEK 2: SAKURA

 disclaimer: the opinions expressed by the 1 interviewed are by the 1 interviewed. the coach may have completely different views dont cancel me.

 

 

sakura: Hey I'm Sakura and I am team leader for team yeye

COACH: How are you doing today?

s: great :) how about u?

C: I'm good. I'm eating supermarket dim sum right now.

s: love dimsum so much

 

pictured: 😍😍😍


C: Facts. The ha gow sui mai goes too hard. How has your season been?

s: it's been hella fun and our team progress went beyond my expectations. I learned how to master ubersaws

C: Master ubersaws?

s: indeed. there have been many victims of my ubersaw

C: 0_0

s: my team is very against it, but i love doing it

C: Same. I like playing Medic in Pugs but everyone tells me to switch off, it's fucked. So what happened last monday? You catch the coveted Dub or you fall straight into losers bracket?

s: we are going to play the loser bracket against shovel. playing against knd was very hard, but we all learned a lot just from a match

C: Ya eh. What do you think went well and what do you think went wrong on Monday?

s: We held a 6 min defense against hood, which was pre good. however we struggled pushing against hood they had a really strong defense and dimento was getting many crucial picks

C: Ya eh. What were the maps again?

s: product vigil

C: Oh okay. How was product?

s: product was a throwaway map for us. hood pre much destroyed

C: Damn. I wouldn't look at it like that. Even if it's their map, you should always aim to take the Dub. I don't think I need to tell you that though, you know it already yourself.

s: our team decided to only practice the other two maps and focus on getting better because of limited time. we did try our best in the match for all maps 

C: Hmm. You're right. My bad for that, it was very inconsiderate of me. 

s: no worries 

C: Anyway, how are you and your team feeling currently? 

s: I am really excited for the next match and my team is pre hyped

C: Will this Monday be an easy Dub?

s: haha it won't be

C: 0_0

s: shovel has many players with many seasons in invite under their belt so it would be a tough one

C: You have a point. They did recently acquire Dr. Alto H Chef as Coach for their team. But your team does infact have two beasts, so I'm not sure how this will fold out myself.

s: true, our team has two beasts and a rat

C: A rat? Who's the rat?

s: jayeezy the rat :) 

C: Have you guys decided on the maps? 

s: we have decided to play vigil, swiftwater. ashville

C: Wow. So who are the players who you think are fearsome in your division?

 

pictured: picture of dimento

 

s: hmm imo it would be soapy and dimento. soapy is the best soldier I have ever seen and dimento plays intelligently and always involve his team in his plays.

C: The Soapy thing I understand. But Dimento? Really? Are we seeing the same player here?

s: yessssss

C: Wow. Now on the other hand, who do you think is simply mediocre?

s: i think everyone in invite is good and tries so i don't want to say anything unkind

C: Understandable. So what is Yeye?

s: Yeye is a team that made invite in 3 seaon and made invite playoff in 4 :) Yeye is also our fat heavy player who is our mascot

C: Say word. So your team made it to invite in a year?

s: yup and we started from zero but stuck together through all seasons

C: Hmmm, interesting. How did team Yeye start?

s: Our entire team plays dustbowl like crazy, basically we are dustbowl addicts so I found pre much all our players on dustbowl, even our subs. then we played newcomer and got moved to open then got moved to IM and won IM then we went to main--

C: You got moved 3 times in 1 season?

s: yea

C: I never seen that happen before. And I think I been in highlander since.. 2014? That's really odd.

s: yea, a lot of people thought our team members were alt accounts but it is what it is

C: Did you guys win main?

s: technically no, because we had to get our sub (who turned out to cheated in 6s) to play our grandfinal because our main scout forget his demo so even tho we won grandfinal, it was revoked. then the admins moved us from advance to challenger even tho we technically "didn't' win main 

C: Damn.. That's tough. You guys got evicted a ton huh. How many of your core players have stayed? How many have left? .... How many have you cut?

s: any og yeye player were never cut. they either retired or become sub

C: Say word. You make team Yeye sound more like a bond than a video game team.

s: we are a friendship team :) 

the players that joined later throughout the seasons are considered close friends and have become big part of the team

C: I get that. Many people in Invite have a sentimental bond with certain teams & players, believe it or not. Playing this game for hours on end with people you enjoy is a good outlet. I may have mentioned this in my Coach's Corner series but some of the people you see on here definitely use video games as a way of escaping their real life struggles. 

s: many people in invite have close friendships since they have been playing this game for a decade so i can understand that. i havent been playin too long to become a neet yet soooo i cant relate to the other stuff 

C: How long have you been running TF2 for?

s: i have less than 2500 hrs. i started in 2020 

C: 2020? So you started playing TF2 during quarantine?

s: yup started gaming in general in 2020 quarantine is very long so gaming is a fun way to spend time

 

pictured: sakura's room when she discovered gaming

 

C: Damn that's crazy. You laying mans out in pugs now? I know you been putting in that work in MGE.

s: yea my scout pugs are 100% winrate

C: Damn. You run Scout against Wish ? He does not like to lose as Scout. 

s: no, but i ubersawed wish and killed him

C: Is Wish easy to kill as Medic?

s: that was just a special case if u know what i mean c:

C: Oh okay. Any problems/drama occur with you and/or your team during the rise through divisions?

s: hmmm my ganbu dotwet. needs to cope after every scrim and match but i love dotwet very much

C: Damn okay. Speaking of which, last week I had kura_beast on the debut of coach's coverage, and he had alot to say. Do you agree with what he said in his interview?

s: yup, i like the ariana grande picture :)

C: Lmaoo ggg !! So are you really beastly?

s: im kawaii

C: Okay, but are you beastly?

s: i dont want to be a beast. i want to be kawaii

C: Fair enough. All right, if you were to win this season's of RGL Invite. What would you do with your winnings?

s: pay for next season invite and pay for the groceries for dotwet's manor

C: Okay. Now I'm gonna post a picture here.

 


 

C: Now lets say you and your team has been put on this map. You have to surf successfully to the end or fall to your doom. Who would beat this surf map in 1 go and who would hit splat?

s: Jayeezy would surf the map and dotwet would hit splat

C: What about the other members of your team?

s: hmm kura, michael, nabla would make it. me, pyrrhus, witness, austin wont make it

C: Wow. Okay, moving on, if you were President of RGL, and you were allowed to grant one banned player a Pardon. WHo would you pardon?

s: hmmm I don't know anyone that is banned except for .....

s: ...

s: ...

s: ...

s: I would not pardon anyone :D

s: get banned stay banned

C: Holaay. All right. So what do you like to do outside of TF2? Any hobbies? Any interests?

s: I like tennis, skincare, traveling, playing with cats, taking care of plants, go cafe hopping, read books, watch movies

C: Damn. That's crazy. I got some pictures I want to show you and I want to know your thoughts.

s: go for it

 


 

 

 

 

 

s: interesting

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 s: no

C: Why can't Saturation be a Hero?

s: i forgot thats sat. picture looks weird, so no

C: How dare you. My intern worked hard on that.

s: fire him

C: ...

 

pictured: the coach getting ready to send a hit on sakura

 

C: Anyway.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

s: hell no

C: What's your problem with the pictures I post?

s: they all look weird >.<. why not marvel

C: Yo.. maybe I fell off. I may have to do some quality control after this. Anyway, before we conclude this interview is there anything you'd like to say?

s: I want to give shoutout to rogue, aaron, carcin, bd, honolulu, chase, voyager, scp gamers and yeye :)







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach's Corner #6

Coach's Corner: The Lost Interview of Habib

Coach's Corner #18